How do I configure data settings on my iPhone with Petro-Canada Mobility?
Some Apple iPhones do not have user updatable APN settings. Many guests have been able to update the basic data APN settings with success using third party solutions.
MMS is not supported on iPhones at this time. We are looking for a permanent solution to facilitate the configuration of both the data APN and MMS settings in iPhones. We will let you know once this solution is functioning.
In the mean time, we suggest the following to get data working on your iPhone:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and can access the Internet
- From the browser of your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz
- After the page loads, you will see a set of 4 icons on the bottom of the browser, select Create APN
- On this page you will select Country and Carrier. For Country, select Canada. For Carrier, select Petro-Canada.
- Insure you have Country set to Canada, and Carrier set to Petro-Canada. Select the button that says Create APN.
- This will now prompt your iPhone to Install a new Profile. Select Install on the top right. You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s Passcode. You may be presented with a Warning. The network traffic is not filtered or monitored. If you would like to continue, press Install on the top right.
- You will be prompted to press Install again.
- Once complete, the screen will indicate the Profile Installed, and you can press Done on the top right.
- You should now power cycle your phone, by turning it off and then on again.
- Once the phone is back up, disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and test your data connection by opening a browser and visiting your favorite site.
Petro-Canada Mobility does not support this website or any other third party solution and we are not responsible for any issues that may arise from making changes to the phone using the solution offered by this or any other site.