Getting Started with Petro-Canada Mobility
Questions about how our wireless service works.
- What do I need to get started with Petro-Canada Mobility™?
Simply purchase a Petro-Canada Mobility SIM card online or from any of our participating retail locations and insert it into your unlocked HSPA/GSM (850/1900 Mhz) mobile phone
If you don't have an unlocked mobile phone, you can purchase one from our selection available online. Don't forget to buy a SIM card as well.
Once you have your unlocked phone and SIM card, visit petro-canada.ca/mobility to activate the SIM on our website, select your plan and add an airtime credit to your new account.
Within a few minutes, you'll be ready to start using your phone on the Petro-Canada Mobility network. Welcome to the family!
- What services are included when I join Petro-Canada Mobility?
- Free voice mail
- Free caller ID
- Free call waiting
- Three-way calling
- Free incoming text messages
- Are there any contracts to sign?
No! There are no contracts to sign.
- Are there activation fees?
No! There are no hidden activation fees.
- Will I need to go through a credit check?
No credit check is required for our prepaid service.
- Will I ever receive a bill for services that I've used?
No, you will never receive a Petro-Canada Mobility bill. Any charges you incur are automatically deducted from your account balance.
- Can I move my existing phone number onto my new Petro-Canada Mobility cell phone?
Yes, you can move your current home or cell number onto your Petro-Canada cell phone with our Number Portability process.
- Are there any monthly service charges or system access fees to pay?
There are no system access fees with Petro-Canada Mobility. However, a monthly service charge of $1.25 will be deducted automatically from your account balance for the 911 Recovery Fee.
This means that as a Petro-Canada Mobility subscriber you can dial 9-1-1 any time for emergency assistance, free on the Petro-Canada Mobility wireless network.
This fee is charged to provide our customers with access to emergency services.
- Does Petro-Canada offer roaming?
Petro-Canada Mobility operates on a national 4G HSPA+ network that covers over 90% of the Canadian population, which means you will always be on our network and will have no need to roam.
Please see the coverage map for details.
- What can I buy online from Petro-Canada Mobility?
We offer a variety of unlocked mobile phones, SIM cards and phone accessories online. You can also purchase account top-ups for your Petro-Canada prepaid account online.