Support - Activation & Account Support
Questions about SIM activation, online account registration, account management, and purchasing top ups
- How do I Top up my Petro-Canada Mobility account balance?
In-store at participating Petro-Canada locations:
Purchase a top up/airtime voucher in-store.
To add a Top up voucher simply dial *888*PIN# and press the “send” key from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone.
For example, if the voucher PIN is 123456789012, you would press *888*123456789012# and then “send.”
Only Petro-Canada Mobility account top up vouchers will work on Petro-Canada Mobility phones.
If you have a problem loading your prepaid account voucher to your cell phone, contact Petro-Canada Mobility customer service at 1 (866) 788-3475.
Login to top up your account.
- How do I check my Petro-Canada Mobility account balance?
Account Balance: To display your account balance and expiration simply dial *777# and press the “send” key from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone.
Voice Plan Minutes and Renewal Date: Dial *777*1# and press the “send” key from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone. The details will be displayed on the screen of your phone.
Data Balance: Dial *777*4# and press the “send” key from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone. The details will be displayed on the screen of your phone.
You can also check your account balance by logging in to your online account.
- Does my account balance have an expiration date?
Anytime and Build Your Own Monthly Plans:
Your account balance is determined by the purchase of prepaid account top up vouchers, regardless of what plan you are on. This allows our customers to control their account usage and their spending. The expiration date of these vouchers is based on the denomination purchased. Both Monthly Plan and Anytime Plan customers can purchase prepaid account top up vouchers in the following denominations:
|Denominations||Days of Service (for the Anytime Plan)|
|$15||Up to 30 days of service|
|$25||Up to 120 days of service|
|$30||Up to 120 days of service|
|$40||Up to 120 days of service|
|$50||Up to 180 days of service|
|$100||Up to 365 days of service|
When your account balance is low, you simply purchase a new prepaid account top up voucher and apply it to your account.
An additional fee for 911 services will be deducted to your account on a monthly basis. Long distance charges and directory assistance charges are extra.
Petro-Canada Mobility account top ups are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Does my account balance carry over when I top up my account with a new prepaid account voucher?
Yes. Your account balance will carry over if you top up your account before the current account balance expires. The existing unused account balance will carry over to the new expiration date of the most recently applied prepaid account top up voucher.
- If I purchased a $100 account top up voucher and used all of it before my 365 days of service expired, and then subsequently purchased a $25 account top up, would I have 395 days of service?
Once the $100 account top up has been used, the 365 days of service will expire. If you choose to purchase a $25 account top up, you will have up to 120 days of service upon activation of that voucher. Each voucher has its own expiry period.
- What happens after my days of service expire?
You have a 7-day grace period after your balance expires in order refill your account to retain your balance.
If you do not refill your account after the 7 day grace period, you will lose any remaining balance on your account.
If you do not refill your account within 45 days after expiry, your Petro-Canada Mobility mobile number will be re-assigned and you will lose your Petro-Canada Mobility number.
You can purchase a new Petro-Canada Mobility SIM card and activate a new mobile phone number.
- Can this website help transfer funds from one phone to another?
No, you can only buy a prepaid account top up for the phone number that you use as a login. Account top ups and account balances are non-transferable.
- Can I track my account activity on a monthly basis?
To keep your costs as low as possible, we do not provide detailed account statements; however with an online account you can see your account purchase history, account balance, plan minutes, renewal date and account expiration.
>>Register for an online account
- How does my account balance work?
Anytime Plan users will pay for each outgoing and incoming call as well as any outgoing text messages from their account balance.
When you Build Your Own Monthly Plan, we will deduct your plan fee every 30 days from your account.
You deposit funds into your account using prepaid account top up vouchers or by automatic account top up payments from your debit or credit card.
You are responsible to ensure there are enough funds in your account to cover the monthly plan fee, the 911 access fee and any out of plan charges at any time.
- What is the expiration date for my Monthly Plan service bundle?
At the end of the 30-day period from your date of activation, the Monthly Plan service bundle will renew. Any unused balances from your service bundle will not carry over. You need to have sufficient funds in your account balance to continue your service bundle. Only extra account top up vouchers added to your account can carry a balance forward, until their specified expiry period.
- What happens if I don't have enough money in my account on the expiry date of my Monthly Plan service bundle, when funds are to be deducted from my account?
If your account balance does not have sufficient funds at the time of your Plan renewal, your Monthly Plan will remain expired and you will be charged the Out of Plan Rates. Our system will attempt to renew your Monthly Plan Service Bundle every night between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. central time.
As long as you have a positive account balance, you can still use your cell phone. Funds will be deducted from your account balance based on the Out of Plan service rates.
These rates will apply until your Monthly Plan is restarted, at which point you will return to your Monthly Plan rates.
- What happens if I use all of my voice minutes or data from my Monthly Plan before my 30 days are up?
As long as you have funds available in your account you can use your mobile phone as you normally would; however, you will be charged at the Out of Plan service rates.
- Can I purchase additional prepaid account top up vouchers if I run out of my Monthly Plan voice minutes?
Yes. If your Monthly Plan voice minutes or text service bundle usage runs out prior to your Monthly Plan's 30-day expiry, you can purchase prepaid account top up vouchers online or at any participating Petro-Canada location.
You will be charged Petro-Canada Mobility Out of Plan service rates until your Monthly Plan service bundle is restarted on the anniversary of your activation date. At that point, you will return to your Monthly Plan service bundle fees.
- What are the Out of Plan service rates?
Out-of-plan service rates are standard charges for voice minutes or services applied when you are not on a service bundle or your service bundle usage has expired. This allows you to continue to use your mobile phone, so long as you have funds available in your account. These charges will be automatically deducted from your account based on your usage.
Learn more about the Monthly Plan and out-of-service rates.
- Does the balance of my Monthly Plan's service bundle (voice minutes and data) carry forward each month?
No, the Monthly Plan is set for a 30-day period that takes effect on the anniversary of your activation date. This renews every 30 days with a fresh balance rated according to the choices you made when Building Your Own Monthly Plan. Unused voice minutes or services do not carry forward.
- When Building Your Own Monthly Plan, please remember the following:
The Monthly Plan will be added within 30 minutes; however, it could take longer if the system is congested.
You will be advised by text message when your Monthly Plan has been successfully added or renewed.
Your account will not be charged for the Monthly Plan until it has been added. Please ensure you do not deplete your previous balance before the new plan is added.
- Can I switch between Monthly Plans and Anytime Plans?
Yes. Current customers on the Monthly Plan or the Anytime Plan can switch services.
There are three ways to switch your plans:
- Log in to your online account or
- Call Petro-Canada Mobility Customer Service at 1 (866) 788-3475 or
- Dial 611 from your Petro-Canada Mobility mobile phone
- If I decide to switch from the Monthly Plan to the Anytime Plan, will my unused airtime minutes and data from my Monthly Plan service bundle be transferred to the Anytime Plan?
No. Any remaining local voice or data will be lost, but you will retain your account balance.
- If I decide to switch between plans, how will I know when the switch takes effect?
- If you switch from an Anytime Plan to a Monthly Plan, an SMS message will be sent to your mobile phone to confirm that the change in your account status is complete.
- If you switch from a Monthly Plan to an Anytime Plan, we will not send an SMS message. The removal of the plan is immediate and any unused minutes, and data will be removed. Voice minutes and the price of the plan are not refunded.
- If you switch to a different Monthly Plan, the switch is immediate and any unused minutes, and data will be removed. Voice minutes and the price of the plan are not refunded.
- Will I be notified if my account needs to be topped-up before it expires?
Yes, if you make a call within 15 days of your account expiry you will either a pre-call announcement or receive a message on the screen of your phone.
In addition, if your account balance is falls below $2.50 you will be notified when you make an outgoing call.
- How do I find my voicemail password?
Your temporary voice mail password can be found on the front of the Quick Start Guide/User Manual provided in your SIM card package. If you do not have the Quick Start Guide, contact Petro-Canada Mobility customer service by dialing 1 (866) 788-3475 from a land line.
- How do I set up my voicemail?
Press and hold the "1" key on your Petro-Canada Mobility phone and follow the voice prompts; or, dial your 10-digit mobile phone number. Once you hear the voice mail greeting, press the pound (#) key and follow the voice prompts.
Note: Voice usage charges apply when setting up or retrieving voicemail from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone.
- How to I retrieve my voicemail?
Press and hold the "1" key from your Petro-Canada Mobility phone.
Enter your personal voice mail password and follow the voice prompts.
You may also check your voice messages from any other phone by dialing your 10-digit mobile phone number and pressing the pound (#) key when the greeting begins.
- How to I place an international call?
Dial 011 + Country Code + City or Area Code + Local Number
Voice Usage charges and Long Distance charges apply.
Since these rates are continually changing, please contact Petro-Canada Mobility Customer Service at 1 (866)788-3475 for the current rates.
- How do I send an international Text Message?
Text 011 + Country Code + City or Area Code + Local Number
Text Usage charge of $.35/message apply. Do not use the + symbol instead of 011
- Is my money automatically loaded to my phone when I buy account top ups online?
Yes. Once your credit card information has been verified and the funds have been successfully transferred from your account, your account top up is automatically loaded to your prepaid phone.
- How do I know if my account top up was loaded onto my phone?
You can check your account balance online or on your cell phone.
- Do I have to pay a transaction fee to load my phone?
There is no transaction fee for topping up your account.
- Do I need to print out my receipt to load my account top ups to my phone?
No, account top ups are automatically loaded to the phone number that is used as a login. Therefore you do not need to enter a PIN number when purchasing account top ups online.
- When you are selecting the amount to add to your account to cover the cost of your Monthly Plan, please remember the following:
Adding the exact amount to cover the cost of the plan will not allow for any additional funds to be available for any Out of Plan services such as the 911 Emergency Access Fee, directory assistance or long distance to destinations outside of Canada. We recommend you top up to the next highest denomination.
- What are the different methods of payment for online purchases?
Accepted forms of payment include MasterCard®, AMEX®, VISA® and INTERAC®.
- Can I use Petro-Points to buy account top ups online?
No, you cannot redeem Petro-Points for account top ups online. However, you can redeem your Petro-Points at participating Petro-Canada locations for fuel savings and more.
- Can I purchase account top ups using a Petro-Canada Gift Card?
No, not at this time.
- Can I cancel a transaction?
Once your payment information is processed, it cannot be refunded.
- Can I buy prepaid account top up vouchers as a gift for someone else?
For security reasons we recommend that if you are purchasing an airtime gift for someone else, purchase a top up voucher at your nearest Petro-Canada location.
- Can I buy a $100 account top up and split it between two phones?
No, account top ups purchased online will be automatically loaded to the phone number that is used as a login. Account top ups cannot be shared amongst cell phones.
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount of prepaid account top ups that I can purchase in one month?
The maximum amount of prepaid account top up vouchers you can purchase online is $150 per phone each month.
- My credit card was declined, what do I do?
Please contact your credit card issuer for further assistance.